Romaco takes over Spanish manufacturer STE Tecpharm
publié le mercredi 31 mars 2021
Romaco Holding GmbH announced the purchase of the Spanish manufacturer of processing technology STE Tecpharm. Romaco has initially acquired 75% of the share capital of STE Tecpharm, S. L., which was previously owner-managed. The remaining 25% will be transferred subsequently.
The acquisition of Tecpharm will further strengthen Romaco’s processing business. Tecpharm’s drum coaters, coupled with the company’s conventional granulation lines and Wurster fluid bed systems, make a perfect complement to the Romaco range for processing pharmaceutical solids.
« With the takeover of Tecpharm and its patented high-tech tablet coating machines, we can decisively expand our portfolio, » explains Jörg Pieper (photo), CEO Romaco Group. « Tecpharm manufactures drum coaters that embody economic efficiency, reliability and batch flexibility – and therefore perfectly fit the products and quality standards of Innojet and Kilian. This new constellation creates valuable synergistic effects, which we intend to leverage systematically in order to offer our customers state-of-the-art processing solutions. All from one source and cast from one mould. Our processing laboratories will serve as important points of contact worldwide. »
Tecpharm was founded by David Mateo, Bárbara Jané and Pedro Cuadrado (photo) in 2013 as a spin-off of the STE Group. The company employs around 30 people at its present site in Rubí (Spain) near Barcelona. Tecpharm’s core competencies as a supplier of equipment for the pharmaceutical industry comprise the development, assembly and marketing of coating systems for tablets. In addition, the manufacturer provides various technologies for wet granulation on a laboratory and production scale. Following the transaction, Tecpharm will operate as an independent, Spanish-based Business Unit of the Romaco Group. Romaco Tecpharm, S. L. will be run by the founder David Mateo.
This latest addition to the Romaco family takes the total number of production sites to five in Germany, Italy and Spain. The European pharmaceutical machinery specialist covers the entire process chain with technologies for manufacturing, processing and packing pharmaceutical solids. The processing segment will in future be made up of the Romaco Innojet, Romaco Kilian and Romaco Tecpharm product brands and their wet granulation, pellet coating, tableting and tablet coating technologies.
All rights reserved except agreement written by Emballage Digest or mention of the magazine